A unique event - a virtual national gathering
* To purchase recordings for NAIPC's Annual Meeting, please contact Jessica at
NAIPC@ageinplace.org for more information.
October 5 PowerPoint Presentations
October 6 PowerPoint Presentations
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Agenda: Please notice we have intentionally left time between sessions for you to catch up on your calls, mail and desk work.
Thursday, October 5
1:00-1:30 PM EST—Welcome.
Presentation of conference structure and goals.
- Marty Bell. Executive Director, NAIPC
1:30-2:30 PM EST—Setting Up an Aging in Place Center in Your Community
What is an Aging in Place Center? How we are training Aging in Place Care Coordinators and creating a brand new occupation.
3:30-4:30 PM EST—Models for Community Organization
- Holly-Rhodes Teague, Director, Suffolk County Agency on Aging
- Shirley Coverdale, President & CEO, Family Community Life Center, Riverhead, NY
- Jacqueline Mondros, Vice President and Dean of Social Health, Stony Brook University
- Marty Bell, Executive Director, NAIPC
Who to work with. How to attract them. Events that bring communities together.
- Michael Marcus, Principal of Consultants, Community Resources, on Asset Based Community Development
- Jacquie Woodruff, Director of Livable Communities, Fairfax Agency on Aging on, The 50+ Action Plan
4:30-5:00 PM EST—Virtual Networking: Open Line
Ask any questions you want, talk with other attendees, meet the people you want to meet.
Friday, October 6
1:00-2:00 PM EST—Reaching Out to Residents
How to attract older adults and their children in your community to utilize the services provided by the Aging in Place Center.
- Mary Furlong, Mary Furlong & Associates and What’s Next Boomer Summit, on where older adults get their marketing information
- Lori Bitter, The Business of Aging, on where older adults get their marketing information
- Natalie Galucia, Director, Village to Village Network, on finding a village in your community
- Sarah Farmer, Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute, on the GTRI HomeLab, which tracks older adults aging in place outcomes
3:00-4:00 PM EST—How can NAIPC work with your organization locally and help you fulfill your mission?
Conversations about collaboration with representatives from national Aging Organizations and government.
- Greg Olsen, Acting Director, New York State Agency on Aging
- Robert Blancato, President, Matz, Blancato and Associates, on American Society on Aging & AARP
- Amy Ford, Senior Director of Home Equity Initiatives and Social Accountability, National Council on Aging
4:00-4:30 PM EST—Next Steps
Conference summary, takeaways and goals for the immediate and long-term future.